Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm really surprised that it's taken this long

I heard about Microsofts new 'Avoid the Ghetto' app about three or so months ago.

Only now are the usual suspects starting to make noise about it.
The as-of-yet unnamed product is being referred to as the “Avoid The Ghetto” app by those who are concerned with where it will guide users.
“I’m going to be up in arms about it if it happens,” said Dallas NAACP President Juanita Wallace.
Wallace spent her afternoon at a rally on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and said she felt safe there, but fears the app may project otherwise.
“Can you imagine me not being able to go to MLK Blvd. because my GPS says that’s a dangerous crime area? I can’t even imagine that,” she said.

Of course YOU felt safe there Juanita-
  • It was MLK Day
  • it was daylight
  • there was probably a huge police presence
  • they know you
  • they wre in a happy mood
How do you think Dr. King would feel if the first thing you thought about when you were talking about the ghetto was a street named after him?

You know guys, it's not a stereotype if it's true-MK?

No comments:

Post a Comment