Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Thank you Sheila Jackson Lee

For being my rock of racial politics in an ever shifting landscape of political correctness.

You know, when I saw this Pepsi ad:


I though of the First Food Nazi.

But apparently I missed the entire racist slant- because I missed that glaring nuance.
"In this month of African-American history where we're trying to celebrate what is good and great, it certainly seems ridiculous that Pepsi would utilize this kind of humor," she said. "It was not humorous. It was demeaning — an African-American woman throwing something at an African-American male and winding up hitting a Caucasian woman."

I do admit that I agree on one point she made:
Jackson Lee also said it would be great to have a lot more women in ads at the Super Bowl.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was funny as hell and honestly didn't think anything about race in the commercial--I just saw people. I guess that make Ms. Jackson Lee more of a racist than I am.

    ReplyDelete