Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I don't think I've mentioned how much I hate digging at schools

We're doing electrical upgrades in some elementary schools. They have usually got brand new asphalt down, and don't even want a backhoe on it- but conduit needs to be put in.
You'd think that these college graduates would say, "Hey! they still have to dig holes, lets wait on repaving"-you'd be wrong.

I'm over at one school who had temporary classrooms where we're digging- through hard clay and buried calichie. I found a bundle(8-1" Plastic) of conduit where there wasn't supposed to be any, 2 2 1/2" PVC conduits, about 10-12 circuits (30-36 wires) of #2 direct buried wire, 3 sets of phone cables, and I broke a water line. I KNOW I'm going to cross a gas line that CPS didn't mark, and I don't know what else.

I thought I was done with school.

No comments:

Post a Comment