Monday, September 25, 2006

I see I was right

When I posted about Ramadon.

My how fast a story gets dropped from Al Yahoo when it says something bad about moslems.
I caught a story about the RoP celebrating the opening of their Holy month by some kind of riot when I opened Yahoo for the Kiren Chetry bio- now it's completely gone.

Ahh, there it is-
And from the MiddleEast news online:

Officials said the Iraq Army and national police units have conducted more than 600 security operations in the past two weeks to disrupt insurgency plans for Ramadan. They said Al Qaida and aligned insurgency groups have sought to increase attacks on civilians during Ramadan, which begins over the weekend.

"Historically, Ramadan has been a period of increased violence," U.S. military spokesman Maj. Gen. William Caldwell said. "Iraqi security forces, with coalition forces in support, have plans to address this concern."

Like I said--- have a Holly jolly Ramadan!

No comments:

Post a Comment