Saturday, February 11, 2012

I have the TeeWee on as background noise

It's about the only reason I still have cable.

I just changed the channel from reruns of  'The Walking Dead" to SciFi SyFy and the 2012 adaptation of  Jules Verns  'The Mysterious Island'.

What I've seen so far is a reporter from the New York Times being an annoying asshole, and a Southern boy who's the Hollywood idea of a Southern racist (I guess they got the verbiage from their buddies when they know blacks aren't around I'll be watching a rerun-

Thanks for ruining a good book Hollywood.

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same about the recent remake of "Cheaper by the Dozen".

    The "SyFy" channel hasn't been about science fiction for quite a while - it's got to be a meme with cable channels, like the "History Channel" doing a ton of stuff on UFOs, Bigfoot, and conspiracy theories.

    Jules Verne has been mangled too many times. The Disney treatment of '20,000 Leagues" was the best I've seen, and I had read the book before seeing the movie the first time. The musical number in there still irritates me.

    Thanks for the confirmation. I had that feeling from seeing a teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one has ever done a decent job of "Mysterious Island", and it has been done many times.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to enable moderation because some bots just can't stop sh1tting where other people want to live......kind of like Liberals.

It's either this or WV...