Sunday, April 20, 2008

I missed BaG day

I was too broke from paying my 'evil rich people' taxes. I ended up paying about $1600 more than Uncle Sugar took out. I had a good run with the humongous cable company as an independent contractor.

Anyway- May is coming up and with it, about $1350 in overpayment's on the mortgage and about $1500 in govt, bribes the Bush incentive package.
Karen just got herself a brand new Brother 60i sewing machine tonight.

So, I guess my combination BaG day and birthday present will be one of these:

A Colt conversion .38spl Army (.36 in black powder)

A 1871(Colt conversion) Richard Mason .38spl

A 1858 New Model (Remington) .45LC (.44 in black powder)

Just because I like the look of the cap and ball revolvers.

The other choices are:

A .45 Bisley Blackhawk W/7.5" barrel- which with the long barrel and the prominent front sight would make it problematical if I wanted to get into Cowboy action shooting, wouldn't it?

This .44MAG super Blackhawk doesn't look bad, either- same problem with the CAS thing, though.

On the other hand, I could jump into the present with both feet.

I know it's better (and safer) to use modern cased rounds, but there's something relaxing about the steps involved in preparing cap and ball fire arms.

UPDATE-
Karen says not the Colt conversions, they're too much like the one I have already, and she's not sure about the Remington (looks kinda girly). Also, I'm not an auto kind of guy either- just wouldn't be right -atoll.
She sounds intertested in the CAS thing, though- especially the period dress. "So, I could dress up like a bar-girl?"

No comments:

Post a Comment