Saturday, November 12, 2011

A lot of people like to dump on Kevin Costner

And his acting ability.

I'm watching Open Range now (which is beginning to be one of my favorite movies), and he's pretty much got the realism of western gunfights and realities of life down.
I enjoy some of his other movies that got panned, but when he has something to do with production- he does his homework.

Also- Annette Bening is still comely in a natural un-enhanced, non-Hollywood way.
Of course she's probably a flaming Liberal...

3 comments:

  1. I think he's a great actor. Don't know what their problem is...Oh, liberalism?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open Range is excellent. Ditto on Annette Bening, but one has to wonder who thought this was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of Costner's that he chooses have him portraying taciturn types - loners and such. Thus the complaints about his "wooden" acting. AFAIC, he's done well in movies that require emotional range. Frankly, I like The Postman and Waterworld. They were both original and escapist - what's wrong with that? And, they were better than Aliens vs. Predator Part 97 and other such derivative drivel.

    ReplyDelete