Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wouldn't that just make your disaster complete?

Your just shaking off the tornado, or fire, or earthquake and you find out the "Chocolate City" Ray Nagin is going to be the disaster consultant (whatever that is).

Oh, yeah, he wrote a book, too-
But in recounting the hot, harrowing days after the storm, Nagin also portrays himself sympathetically, as a decisive, honest executive who faced daunting tasks, from evacuating starving residents to pumping floodwaters back into Lake Pontchartrain to establishing rules for rebuilding.

At a news conference Wednesday, the mayor-turned-disaster consultant called writing the book a “therapeutic” experience.


Ummm, yeah- because you were so organized and everybody else fell down on the job.

Nagin also worried about becoming a target of sinister forces after his famous Sept. 1, 2005, rant on WWL-AM, which the former mayor writes was prompted by reports that Blanco and U.S. Sens. Mary Landrieu and David Vitter had bragged “about how well things were going,” even as evacuees continued to suffer at the Superdome and Convention Center.

“I thought to myself, ‘I’m a dead man! I have just publicly denounced the governor, U.S. Senators, FEMA and the president of the United States,’” he writes. “I started wondering if during the night I would be visited by specially trained CIA agents. Could they secretly shoot me with a miniature, slow-acting poison dart?


Be sure to get your paperback now. I'm sure Larry Correa could use some hints in his next book.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the CIA is hiring for their poison-dart squad?

    ReplyDelete