Monday, June 13, 2011

Did they get this copy from the Onion?

I mean, I know I have a crappy blog full of garbled and mangled english- but I'm not a college grad with a BS in verbiage... or layers and layers of editors and fact checkers.

So, read this first paragraph:
Six in 10 Americans don't think the U.S. should be involved in Libya, according to a new CBS News poll. It found that only 30 percent of Americans think we're doing the right thing by intervening militarily in that country. That includes majorities of Republicans, Democrats and independents. As a point of comparison, 51 percent of Americans and a majority of Republicans think we're "doing the right thing" in Afghanistan. The Libya numbers are bad news for the man in the Oval Office.

And tell me how 30% can be a majority of anything?
Much less if you include three groups. Wouldn't that dilute it down even farther?

Or- am I reading that wrong?
Because the rest of the article seems to be saying how vulnerable president Gutzy Kall is about his Libyan adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment