Monday, October 25, 2010

I don't understand the problem

There's a big stink about Google stealing user info off of WIFI networks from there street view cam-cars.

I really can't understand why the same people who keep telling me- when they bring their .gov privacy infringing policies around- that "but if you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have to worry! [insert smiley face]"...and "They just want to know who's using then, for research- they won't use it against you [insert smiling unicorn]".

I guess,,,,


But in another striking parallel with the .gov- Google is 'mortified' that somehow- without their knowledge- their mobile wireless data gathering devices have stolen user names, passwords, e-mail addresses and URLs off of WIFI networks. Yes, 'mortified' that without their knowledge
some low level worker bee decided to equip every cam-car in. the. world. with the ability to steal and record all that private cr@p.

I'm not a nerd, but even I know that WIFI and Hot-Spots are really, "really". "REALLY" unsecure unless you take strong preventive measures, which is why the house is wired.

No comments:

Post a Comment