Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Watch for cyclists"

"Bicyclists are everywhere".

"I brake for cyclists".

I was reminded of those bumper stickers plastered all over an SUV who was riding my tailgate, cutting people off and then turned left from the right lane in Castroville yesterday.

I was surprised that this guy actually stopped at the stop sign until I saw that he HAD to stop because of the cross traffic.
If you're a responsible cyclist who obeys the rules and has consideration for drivers, fine here's a patch for you:



The rest of you, stop for stop signs and get on the shoulder where you belong!

2 comments:

  1. We have bike laned here in urban and suburban Georgia. While many cyclist don't use the mall of the time. I do watch out for them, it makes good defensive driver sense.

    And like in many parts of the coumtry, bikes and cars must obey the same traffic laws. I stop for them and they are suppose to stop for me at a four-way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah,they're SUPPOSED TO obey traffic laws but usually don't.
    Including riding in clusters in the driving lanes.

    ReplyDelete