Sunday, May 30, 2010

Steam punk and you

After clicking a link over at Robertas place, I got a little sucked into some side links.

Which got me thinking... our boy leader is trying to make fuel cost $8/gal by the time he's done in 2012, how can I get around that?

STEAM!


Steam would work, because once I get to speed, it's 95% highway driving at 65-80 MPH- If I could get a quick, efficient plant it could work when the engine goes in one of the trucks. BUT- I don't want to wait while the steam builds, how can I do it fast and with enough go to make it work?
Guess I need to start googling...........Daym, that's alot of information overload at one time.

What else?
Deisel-electric hybreds! Subs use them, trains use them- ships use them!
I wonder how efficient they are?
A 3-5 fold increase in mileage over my V-6 as a start.
I just wonder how small of an A/C motor I could get away with if I used a CVT drive
connected to the input drive of my original auto tranny?


Well, that's something to think about while I do a brake and bearing job on the truck-that-cost-$2500-for-a-tuneup-and-timing-belt because it's a Mitzu.

2 comments:

  1. Diesel tractor engine in your truck.
    Plenty of times it's been done already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think it would fit- it's an S-10, besides the torque range is completely different.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to enable moderation because some bots just can't stop sh1tting where other people want to live......kind of like Liberals.

It's either this or WV...