Sunday, August 17, 2008

Regarding the corn-for-fuel boondoggle

I made a comment over at Freds place about being taxed paying for that ethanol four times. The way I look at it is that I'm paying income tax and the government is using that to pay subsidies to mega-corporations involved in farming, and not so much the few remaining family farms. Then it's given to subsidize the ethanol mandate (usually to a part of the same company) to produce that inefficient, energy intense additive.
In addition, I'm paying a fuel tax if I buy it.
I'm also paying more for anything made from any type of corn product- meat, cooking oil, cookies, bread, soda... and the increased tax -again- as a percentage of the cost.


So, am I wrong for thinking the .gov is looking out for their big lobbyists from "Big Ag" rather than their constituents?

No comments:

Post a Comment