Tuesday, May 10, 2005

How's your history? Who made these statements?


"Democracy means that if the doorbell rings in the early hours, it is likely to be the milkman."


Correspondence between George Bernard Shaw and X:

"Dear X, Here are two tickets to my new play. Bring a friend, if you have one."
"Dear GBS, Sorry, but I can't make it to the opening night of your new play. However I
would appreciate tickets to the second night performance - if you have one."

Conversation between Lady Astor & X:

"Sir, if I were married to you, I would serve you posion in your wine."
"Madam, if I were married to you, I would drink it."

"So they go on in strange paradox, decided only to be undecided, resolved to be irresolute,
adamant for drift, solid for fluidity, all-powerful to be impotent."

Here's a
hint
: He was known worldwide, and his main clame to fame began 65 years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment