Thursday, July 28, 2005

It's nice to have an ace in the hole

I just found another e-mail that dammned Outlook had hijacked. I have been offered a job with a highway electirfication company(they do streetlights, signs and signals).
The problem is problems are- I am almost signed with another company, the only hold-up is my price. AND I still haven't decided when to give formal notice to my present employer- as I'm on probation, as soon as I tell him I've got another job- I NEED the other job. No notice.

I think I'll call the other company, and get an idea about what I'm worth to them- that way I can say that Abc company is willing to pay $Xxx do you want to match it? I'm not going to be unreasonable, just the high end of the usual wage.

I have to admit that after seeing nothing I want to do (as little as possible for as much as possible), these two Equipment operating jobs together have me kinda jazzed right now- HEY people want to pay me(well) to sit on my butt and dig trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment