Friday, May 12, 2006

I think I'm starting to see a pattern here

We got sent home early because some people didn't show up when they were supposed to, so guess where I ended up?


Yes, it was a beautiful day to enhance the Ozone hole- and I helped!

Anyway, I wanted to find out how the .44 Navy was shooting (I know it's not a historically accurate pistol)so I just went to shooting and trying to adjust.
I found that both pistols like about 20 grains of Pyrodex, and the muzzle loader is about as quick to load as the revolver.
I guess the revolver just needed to be broken in to settle it's parts. Remember I said it was shooting high and to the left? I did.

Anyway, after about 48- 54 shots (I lost count loading) I'm seeing this pattern. . .


I'm aiming at the 6:30 position on the target- actually the target is about level with the top of the rear site, and the front sight is almost buried at the bottom of the VEE.
Looks like I might have two cylinders that are slightly off. Those shots started at 15YDS and ended up about 25 with about the same results. You always have a few strays with black powder, which is part of the challenge- I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment