Wednesday, March 31, 2010

...And this is my problem, how?

Here we have another go at amnesty, in the framing of "fairness" to the kids of illegals.

I heard this sob story on WOAI this morning, about college grads of illegals not being able to get a job.
And MALDEF wants us to give them a pass.

Here's my take.

My first thought was that we've been paying for her foe her entire life. We paid for her birth all the way through her instate tuition for her two graduate degrees.
Then I remembered- If she was born in the U.S.- she's be a citizen, and that would deflate that heart string chord.

So, what we have is someone who's PARENTS came over with their kids.
Got taxpayer medical, education, probably food stamps, WIC, AFDC, Free school lunches (and breakfast), whatever else Govt' sponsored goodies they enjoyed.

Then she got in state tuition, cheap books, .gov sponsored housing (besides the Sect. 8 she enjoyed while growing up) and Gawd knows what else we paid for.

Now MALdef wants us to GIVE her citizenship.


What I want to know, is that she's obviously in her mid 20's- WHY didn't her parents do something about their (and their kids) legal status?
I mean, it's not like nobody was talking about the illegal problem in the '80s and '90s and even the last ten years.

Why should I be guilted into supporting amnesty when I'm on the hook for over $3500+ in getting the wife and her daughters their green cards...LEGALLY?

No comments:

Post a Comment