Saturday, November 07, 2009

The suicide roll

I let this flatbed onto the highway yesterday morning. (Yes, I'm not that big of an @sshole that I don't help drivers out)
I saw the only thing he had securing those rolls of steel wire was his 4" straps.
If everything goes well, that's probably enough.
I also noticed that he didn't have anything on his bed to stop them from rolling, to act as chocks.

The reason they call it a suicide roll is that in a collision, the momentum will roll those things right into the cab.
I'm a bit on the anal side of the safety question, so I would have had double chains on the front and back rolls plus my 4x4's chocking the front, back and middle rolls too.





Just a reminder to you all, look at the guy in front of you to see what might fall off and slow down or get in front if you don't like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment