Sunday, June 06, 2010

Your daily dose of quasi-science

The air we breath is composed of 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen and about 0.038% of that deadly greenhouse gas-Carbon Dioxide.

The deadly CO2 is basically produced by respiration and natural causes (geo-thermal eruptions). The deadly CO2 is a natural product that increases with the larger population of living beings...because of breathing air. Which usually occurs AFTER significant global warming.

But what I wanted to post about today is that 78% Nitrogen in air.

I was filling up at a Shell station the other day and saw their newish reason to buy their gas.
It has NITROGEN in it! It's advertised as Nitrogen enriched gas.
My question is, without the O that goes with Nitrous oxide, isn't it just a filler of inert micro-bubbles?

And that billboard in New Braunfels that advertises the $5/tire nitrogen fill, I'll stick to free air since I don't make a habit of heating my tires to NASCAR temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment