Thursday, April 25, 2013

April 15 was supposed to be Buy a Gun Day

But other things took precedence.
Now I'd like to show you what I got for BAG day.
It was something I'd been putting off for a while but I was getting signs that I needed to move on them, so below the jump is my Marlin 1894c in .357..


UPDATE:
10:29AM Fri 26 Apr.
You **NEED* an 18mm combination wrench, and as long as you're going back to the parts house- you may as well get a set of shocks.

UPDATE- The second-
5:45PM-
Something to save a metric butt-ton of aggravation.
On the drivers side, pull the motor mount bolt and raise the engine as high as you need to, since we're working on a V-6 S-10 instead of a postal truck. The mounting bolts through the frame are pressing bolts that come out with the right persuasion. Then just lift the old one out and drop the new one in.
Yep, that's where my gun money went:

6 comments:

  1. S10 Control Arms!

    Those are hard to find ammo for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...And they cost almost as much as I wanted to spend on shooty stuff.

      Delete
  2. Looks like an "A" arm for a "smart car"

    GWA
    MSgt, USAF, Ret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh did the bushing give out on the old ones? I'm going to have to replace my bushings this summer unless I wat to replace the A-arms as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've been squeaking and rattling for a while, now I can feel it when I hit the brakes.
    A little over $165 each- with the ball joint.

    What I didn't know when I ordered them was that you have to buy the special order bumper stops separately. I'm going to try getting the old ones out in one piece- which will probably be the hardest part of the job.

    ReplyDelete