Saturday, July 14, 2012

Micro-stamping and you

So I read around thee intra-toobz how the forces of evil are trying to get micro-stamping as some kind of de-facto standard on new fire arms.

I was at Tx Thunder last week before going home on a rain day. I had about $350 in gift vouchers to spend, so I looked at a .357 in nickle (don't know the model) that I didn't like because
  1. I didn't like the slop in the cylinder lock-up
  2. It turned backwards to what I'm used to.
It also had a spur used for the firing pin.
An exposed spur that anyone with a piece of Emory cloth could have wiped out that micro-stamp in less than five minutes.

So I traded in my credits on a scoped .22 Henry...Which I could also jimmy the Micro-stamp with a judicious touch of JB weld.

I'm sure you've all seen the video of how to make a double-headed 16d form nail into a firing pin of an AR15/M-16 with almost no advanced machining required- right?


So you anti-freedom Libs who want to disarm honest citizens with your Barbara Streisand gun prohibitions can't win.

JB Weld
A file
A lathe
A nail
....you can't win.

2 comments:

  1. Why bother? A revolver doesn't leave evidence with micro stamps behind, unless you are very careless.

    Anyway, last time I looked, firing pins and such are not "controlled items" and can be bought and changed out by anyone. I changed out a broken firing pin in a S&W Airlight in five minutes - part from Brownell's was under $10.

    Of course, the really nasty anarchist will just visit the local PO shooting range and harvest a few spent shells to salt the crime scene with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured that harvesting brass was so obvious that I didn't need to mention it...

    ReplyDelete

I've had to enable moderation because some bots just can't stop sh1tting where other people want to live......kind of like Liberals.

It's either this or WV...