Friday, March 29, 2013

A blast from the past

Guess who?

hello friends,
Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.
What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.
Here is the questions. The duct tape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.



UPDATE-
10:48pm

GuardDuck Knocks it out of the park.

Here is the link to the entire thread:
Mall Ninjas

7 comments:

  1. Nope, but he is an internet "star".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask if this was about my comment over at Tam's about Gunkid and his "Assault Wheelbarrow".. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gecko.45 and the start of a classic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I can't go to the mall without Gecko45 popping into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still one of the funniest things I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a while since I read this. Thanks for reposting.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to enable moderation because some bots just can't stop sh1tting where other people want to live......kind of like Liberals.

It's either this or WV...