Thursday, February 10, 2022

So we paid off pur Wells-Fargo mortgage a week ago.

It finally went through with about a thousand Dollars extra of fees and other graft.

Yesterday they charged me a service fee of $15.
............and paid me  .08 of interest.

Now I have to decide whether to go with NFCU (which is on the west side of San Antonio -a good hour drive away)
Or to the local branch of RBFCU. I'm sure the interest is about the same for a checking account.
But NFCU is a Navy credit union and Randolph-Brooks is Air Force.
Not that it really matters because a Cloud Lice can do my finances as well as a Squid.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on paying it off. Feels good huh. Take a moment to savor it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been with RBFCU for decades. Only one problem, when my son bought a house & we had to deal with a dolt that didn't understand part of a down payment from a trust fund does not have to be reimbursed. Which was easily solved.
    I see they continue to build more branches while Firstmark (formerly Teachers) is cutting back.
    RBFCU has also expanded their field of membership requirements to anyone who lives/works in their area, it's no longer service personnel only, as is USAA.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on paying off the mortgage.
    Take a look at the bank ratings at Bankrate.com, NFCU is listed at 13 with a 4.6 rating out of 5. Lots of banking can be done electronically and since few people write checks anymore the need for a local bank is no longer needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried NFCU but they didn't seem to be able to issue monthly statements, electronic or otherwise.

    They are only the only banking entity I've ever dealt with that doesn't reconcile accounts/issue statements based on the calendar month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the payoff of the mortgage.

    Working strictly from memory here, it feels almost as good as sex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paid mine of a few months back. Still have not received the mortgage or the abstract. Once I have those docs I will be moving banks. Only way I am getting any interest is to have one of the advantage cards and pay it off every month. I have 12k in savings and I got 10 cents of interest. Some one somewhere has to pay more than .01 percent interest.

    ReplyDelete