Friday, April 02, 2021

New to me revolver

 Looks like I'm going to be the winner of an Armi San Marco Colt Navy if nobody outbids me.

Now it looks like the ammo shortage is hitting the BP market, too in that when I'm done with the last half pound of Pyrodex, I'm going to have to start making it myself.

The components by themselves are nowhere near what I've seen the scattered examples of online.

I just wonder how much the modern, cleaner version of BP substitute is than the original?
Guess I'll find out.

Now I need to go make a stand for my new semi-reactive targets.




5 comments:

  1. last i checked, midway had pyrodex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powder River, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buffalo Arms has it too. That's a great resource for odd ammo, especially cowboy loads.

    I have a Martini Henry and got Knyoch ammo loaded with cordite.
    I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, but it's a lot cleaner than black powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking at the modern replacements for BP- Goex, Pyrodex...

      Delete