Sunday, September 01, 2013

So we went to the car place yesterday

I'd e-mailed the sales guy about the truck i wanted..from the site- with the stock number on it, and he told me that they have it on the lot right now. I said "cool, we'll be down tomorrow morning."

We got there ands as we were waiting for him to finish up some customers paperwork, we looked at trucks and I told K- - this is the one, except it's a dark charcoal grey.

The sales guy made it and said he'd get "YOUR" new truck, and he went off and brought "this" back
This one still for sale.. 16K miles.

t
WTF???!!????

"That's NOT the one I asked about, that one was darker grey that that silvery-white thing."
--"Are you sure it was different? They do make mistakes while describing them."

"I saw the pictures of that one and this one, that one was at R-- M-C---- Toyota."
--"let me see if I can find that one for you, if I can't- is the color a deal breaker for you?"

"Yes, the last five times I've gotten a vehicle it's been some shade of silver and I only got them because I had no choice. I hate that color and now I don't *have* to buy a color I don't like."

Well, we found it at a different franchise of the same dealership for $1,000 less. Still had 16K on the odometer.

We paid cash and the finance guy *still* wanted to convince us to take a loan because -somehow paying interest on top of the truck price-- "Would save you money."

We said no.
I drove a year and a half old Ranger off the lot for less than I paid for a Mitsubishi Montero Sport at Maxwell Mitsubishi of San Marcos, TX.......... with less hassle. . . and a better taste in my mouth.




 That back glass is begging for a nice white SeaBee decal, isn't it?

8 comments:

  1. Those Ford Rangers will run forever.

    For the love of all that's good, don't put a Navy sticker on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll improve something that's already awesome!

      Delete
  2. I had to wreck mine a few years ago. Nevertheless, you may want to reinforce the back slidey window. Thieves took advantage of it for a radidio. Other thieves figured out the tailgate was worth some money. I bought a $30 aftermarket tailgate lock afterwards; good investment.

    Enjoy.

    Robert17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already decided that I don't really like it and I haven't been withing tree feet of it.
      .....okay about 18", the cab isn't that big.

      Delete
  3. I guess it is a 'good' thing that I can't really justify a pickemup truck - why the next thing would be getting a boat to pull behind it!
    Nice looking truck though, IF I was in the market for one that would probably fill the bill, even the 'silver' one ;-)

    OYB MCPO sends...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. We paid cash and the finance guy *still* wanted to convince us to take a loan because -somehow paying interest on top of the truck price-- "Would save you money."

    That and the mandatory finance processing fee (normally about $300 bucks or clean profit).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dealer still made money, but they HAVE to get their little Vig on top of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. & Ford didn't participate in the government bailout shenanigan.

    ReplyDelete