Sunday, May 14, 2023

Range Report--

--Injury.
Thing Two brought her sprogs over to the farm to get some basic gun safety learning.
She was shooting the Heritage six .22 and I was standing next to it- sitting against the tailgate -in line with the forcing cone when it didn't lock up quite right and the forcing cone shaved part of the bullet.
It caught me right above the collar bone.

Sprog 2 learned his 4 rules and after some trepidation, liked shooting that little .22 revolver.
He's too small for a full sized rifle, but he'll grow into it.

7 comments:

  1. Is that a at home photo or at the ER??
    I've been hit a few times with ricochets, but never broke the skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home after we were done.
      I'm not going to the ER for just a scratch.

      Delete
    2. Home after we were done. I'm not going to the ER for just a scratch.

      Delete
    3. Few inches higher & you may have changed your mind.

      Delete
    4. I didn't know if part of that bullet actually got buried.

      Delete
    5. It didn't. Barely hit hard enough to break the skin.
      But it stung.

      Delete
  2. I ensure I stand no farther forward than a lateral line drawn through the shooter's shoulders. You've shown why.

    Though the injury may be slight, that's a sensitive area. Here's to your rapid healing without lingering physical effects. Pray the shooter understand it was not his fault.

    ReplyDelete