Monday, September 01, 2014

So we're back

Left fri. nite and got to Cody, Wy about 24 hours later to pick up a Jeep I talked myself into buying.
Yes it was a drunk bid on E-bay that I figured someone else would out bid me on.

So I picked up my 57 Willies Jeep and got here about three hours ago.
I don't even know how much I spent on saving money instead of having it shipped.

Now I know why he didn't include any pics of the dash, since it's missing everything but the central speedo/gauge cluster (just fuel and oil). Now I need to find out id the 6V system needs any kind of exciter or resistance to start charging.

It needs a brake job, new wiring, wiper motors and the steering shaft shortened about 8", because I can hardly steer and I know any females in this family would be having boob interference... because that's how high and far the wheel reaches.

BUT it has brand new tires :-)
And should still run when the Iranians, Norks or ISIS get a nuke on a missile that can barely make it (because that's all it needs) a couple thousand feet above the Rockies.

2 comments:

  1. Generator vehicles will generate on spinning. You might need to "charge" the field by jumping the positive battery terminal to the "F" field winding - with the regulator disconnected - if it doesn't kick in on it's own. Be careful you get the polarity right - or you'll have a positive ground generator!

    Alternators need field power to start producing.

    ReplyDelete