Sunday, August 24, 2014

Wine spodd-odee drinking wine, wine, pass that bottle to me!

So we meet our little yeasties, who have been doing a bang-up job in their little dark pot all week and start preparing for the next step.

I would say I racked the first ferment into the second ferment chamber, but in actuality- I scooped most of the big floating things off the top and poured the rest through a strainer into am enameled two gallon pot.

Then I poured the whole thing through a filter I made from the sleeve of a worn out shirt (after steeping it in bleach-water Friday night.

After straining and coaxing the rest of the fluids out of the strainer, adding 2 cups of sugar and about another quart of distilled ware, we got about two gallons.

Coloration-wise, I'm going to call it a nice shade of Magenta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've had to enable moderation because some bots just can't stop sh1tting where other people want to live......kind of like Liberals.

It's either this or WV...