So we meet our little yeasties, who have been doing a bang-up job in their little dark pot all week and start preparing for the next step.
I would say I racked the first ferment into the second ferment chamber, but in actuality- I scooped most of the big floating things off the top and poured the rest through a strainer into am enameled two gallon pot.
Then I poured the whole thing through a filter I made from the sleeve of a worn out shirt (after steeping it in bleach-water Friday night.
After straining and coaxing the rest of the fluids out of the strainer, adding 2 cups of sugar and about another quart of distilled ware, we got about two gallons.
Coloration-wise, I'm going to call it a nice shade of Magenta