Friday, May 09, 2014

The newest 'pooter

I'm not backing off my wish that WIN-8 and it's even worse "upgrade" WIN-8.1 both die screaming in a fire.

But I found that you can still get brand new computers loaded with WIN-7, except that you have to order them.

Mine's a Dell, and I found out from IMing a tech that the touchpad non-scrolling thing is a FEATURE! of WIN-8.1 (Die in a fire while being skinned alive!).

You can go to the website of your big electronics box store and search for computers using OS as a requirement, and it will show you what you can still order.

5 comments:

  1. Does it come with all the current updates preloaded? Or do you have to blow your download budget for 6 months patching it yourself from the initial release?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I understand- Dell is building(or assembling?) it as we speak.
      It's scheduled to be sent out next week sometime.
      I'd bet that the software is pretty up to date.

      Delete
  2. I got a new Dell Inspiron 15R last month. I picked it because it came with Windows 7. It is working well and I am happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kurt;

    It is nice to see that others have the same opinion of 8.1 that I have. Well I consider it to sit on the right hand of lucifer. I love my XP, it was stable...didn't eat my postings.....and worked like I wanted it to. But now that XP is end of Life, I am having to look for another operating system. I can either buy an offering from Microsoft or I can check in on Linux. That is what I am doing right now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ubuntu Linux. Not for geeks, for ordinary people like us. It loads off a disk, looks like WinXP or Win7, has everything you need like a word processor, a browser, etc. Best of all, it can be test run by booting off the DVD so you don't even have to commit to anything to try it. And it's free.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to enable moderation because some bots just can't stop sh1tting where other people want to live......kind of like Liberals.

It's either this or WV...