Thursday, April 18, 2013

One more reason

To link to Jennifer's blog with this tripe coming from some washed-up actor that I barely remember- trying to tie a pressure cooker to the 2nd Amendment.

So, to help cement her diamond of a post in it's rightful glory is Jennifer on celebrities:

Dear Hollywood celebrities,
You exist for my entertainment.  Some of you are great eye candy.  Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes.  Some of you can scare the crap out of me.  Others make me laugh.  But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me.  That’s it.
You make your living pretending to be someone else.  Playing dress up like a retard*.  You live in a make believe world in front of a camera.  And often when you are away from one too.  Your entire existence depends on my patronage.
I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance.
I don’t really care where you stand on issues.  Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor.  You see, you aren’t real.  I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world.  Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again.

3 comments:

  1. Funny, I never expected that to strike a nerve. That post has taken on a life of its own. Which is awesome.
    The 'logic' these people use hurts my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured my thoughts exactly on Hollywood types and their ilk. Unless it's someone like Gary Sinise I pay little, if any attention to them. But I noticed from the video at the Daily Caller link that all they seem concerned with is how the celebs in Boston are doing.

    ReplyDelete