Friday, October 14, 2011

SILENCE Citizen!

It is verboden to mention the notoriously thin skinned TSA in any but the terms of utmost respect and awe.


Because we have farging REPUBLICANS putting up bills in the House to re-enforce authority of the TSA and Janet Reno Napolitano.


UPDATE-
I can't comment on my own blog now?

Who expects Janet Reno Napalitanos seriously thin skinned public safety enforcers to "not" go after people making fun of them? Especially when they almost ban a woman from boarding a plane because she has a toy gun on a charm necklace.

It had an assortment of charms on it, one of which was a tiny toy gun, about an inch and a half long.

I kid you not: I was pulled over by a guard when I was at Newark, who was looking at me like I was wearing a cannon around my neck. The next thing I knew I had three security people surrounding me. The only thing going through my head was, “Huh?”

I was being questioned about the bauble, and I tried explaining to a guard that it was a charm and for crying out loud, not a real gun. It’s not like it even had a trigger mechanism that worked. I was dumbfounded.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, but President Romney will so totally fix this.

    Totally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be less of an issue than the authors think. The article you linked to contains the actual language including:

    "in a matter that is reasonably calculated to convey the impression that the wearer of the item of apparel is acting pursuant to the legal authority of the Transportation Security Administration"

    There have been regulations regarding military uniforms, police officers, etc exactly like this for years. I don't think anyone could credibly argue that someone engaged in satire is attempting to convey the impression that they are acting...

    ReplyDelete