Sunday, July 17, 2011

The sincerest form of flattery

Is supposed to be copying someone.
What do you call the same franchise trying to copy yourself?

The BBC has the original "Top Gear" with lots of spin-offs in various different (IE-non English) languages.
Has anyone bothered to watch the lame American version of "Top Gear" without Jeremy Clarkson, Capt. Slow and the Hamster?

I mean, why would you watch a bad remak show when you can enjoy the original?

I bet they even have "Jessica" playing at the start.


....Of course you actually need to be able to watch BBC-America to know what you're missing....

3 comments:

  1. The BBC version is the only one that matters. All the others are trying waaaay too hard. You can't manufacture chemistry, and Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only recently discovered Top Gear on BBC. Being laid up with the Kidney Stone from hell had me watching TV for a change - which I normally don't have time to do much. I was hooked almost immediately.

    I saw the ad for the American version the other day, and don't really have any desire at all to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam Corolla has a new show on Speed Channel, "The Car Show"...pretty good comedy factor, and not unlike the BBC Top Gear, much better done than the History Channel version.

    ReplyDelete