Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'm not much of a conspiracy guy

I'm sure there are some out there, but not as many as some like to think.

I DO know, however- that the longer you try planning something- the more likely it is to get out.
I would assume that the Turkish military held the same view.
I guess I was wrong.

Gen Kosaner and his senior commanders quit just hours after a court charged 22 suspects, including several generals and officers, with carrying out an internet campaign to undermine the government.

This case is the latest element of the protracted 'Sledgehammer' controversy - a coup plan allegedly presented at an army seminar in 2003.

Seventeen generals and admirals currently in line for promotion were among those jailed in the Sledgehammer prosecutions. Altogether nearly 200 officers were charged with conspiracy.


I don't know much about the situation in Turkey except that the military wants to keep themselves secular and is worried about the islamization of the government over there.

1 comment:

  1. Ah how easy it is for people to want to devolve back to making sweet sweet love to goats...

    ReplyDelete