Saturday, May 14, 2011

Am I the only one who remembers

That when the Democrats started pulling money out of SocSec back in the `70's, that HEY- it's ok- because they put in IOU's!

I remember hearing that when I was in H.S. and thought it strange that I was the only one who picked up on the fact that the ONLY money going in was paid for by the same people who were going to have to repay that IOU.
I guess I has already rejected the cool-aide without knowing.

Now that magical pot of free money is empty and we have both parties to blame- including a willing and complicit mews media who savaged any Republican who tried to do anything to slow down it's bankruptcy.
Now it's knocking on the door just in time to hit Republicans in the face when they take over the Senate in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. And originally they said the SS number would only be used in conjunction with SS. Yeah, right........

    ReplyDelete