Sunday, March 20, 2011

I've had this new laptop for a couple days

It's a Compaq- which is the top of the HP line...maybe. This is it anyway,

There are three four things I don't like about it-
It has an extra column of (pretty much) redundant or un-needed shortcut keys that throw off your keypoints for typing- and I'm sending mail, or opening calculators when trying to capitalize letters.

Whenever the HP ... let-me-hold-your-hand-because-you're-a-submoron... help program comes up (and takes over my screen) They throw their boy's symbol in front of me-and I can't get it off my screen until 'little-o' is done making my computer...."better."

I'm going to call the trouble desk tomorrow and ask if there is any way to block their "Onely" propaganda.


Then I'll mention that Best Buy has a Toshiba without the annoying extra side keys and probably not the Obama tongue bath.
How do you think that will go over?

Then there are the right/left click ,,,,buttons below the touchpad. On this it's a one piece bar that you have to "hit" -after you find it.
No, really- you have to bury your finger to make it click- instead of just thumping it with your thumb.

Lastly the screen...who decided that it would be a good idea to make a screen for a media that is pretty much vertically organized (scroll up to see more) and make it so farging wide?

I'm not watching a direct to DVD movie, I want information.
So now I have width that I don't want (or need) without the height that I want (but can't have)


I sure am glad we have our betters making these decisions for us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm writing this on my ancient HP Pavilion zd8000 which is glitching and glotching, signaling it's time for a new laptop.

    I have a backup MacBook Pro but it's used and I've not yet had the time to learn a new system entirely. I can blog on it, cruise the internet, and that's about it.

    I want to buy another laptop, and I want it to have the largest hard drive, the greatest amount of ram, the best video card, the nastiest processor -- and DURABILITY -- that I can find.

    I too dislike the software that HP puts into its units. That crap interferes just when I don't want it to.

    Any recommendations for a new PC laptop with those above aspects?

    BZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about them, I do know that we made the mistake of not getting enough RAM on the desktop when VISTA had just come out.

    I guess just see some you like and search for user revues, that's how I found a good cell phone.

    ReplyDelete