- How to ride a horse.
- How to shoot a gun (more like what a gun can and cannot do)
- The reason Texas was a nation before she became a state.
- What crude oil smells like.
- What it takes to grow a crop.
- The difference between a steer and a bull.
- That livestock are not pets
- That nobody 'owes' you anything.
- How many stars are actually in a west Texas sky.
- That you wave a 'thank you' to other drivers who give you a break.
Unfortunately most kids here are living in huge metroplexes that identify more with NYC than historic Texas, and will never get a chance to experience most of that list.
NOTE TO SELF- buy ammo Fri for Danica's range day on Sat.