Saturday, September 16, 2006

A parable for our time.

I just posted a comment over at the JYB about Lincoln Chafee (RINO- R.I. ) and his ongoing obstructionalism of anything Bush.
Now he's holding up the Bolton nomination. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you gets you re-elected.

Reminds me of a story.

A cowboy was riding along at the tail end of a Blue Norther and came upon a rattle snake almost frozen stiff.
The snake ask him to save him by warming him up.

The cowboy said: "The only way I have to warm you up is to put you inside my cloths, and when you can move you'll bite me."
The snake replied:"No, you're saving my life. I promise to not bite you."

So the cowboy picked the stiff snake up and gently put him inside his shirt.
As the cowboy rode on the snake warmed up and started getting agitated by the bouncing and bit the cowboy under the ribs.

The cowboy got off the horse and dumped the snake out.
"You promised that if I saved your life, you wouldn't bite me!"
The snake slithering off to his den stopped, and looked at the cowpoke and said:
"You knew what I was when you picked me up."

I think our cowboy in DC needs to start recognizing snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment