Sunday, July 09, 2006

Gun pr0n



It is based on the 1858 .44 Remington revolver with an 18" barrel and loads the same as a Black powder revolver.

Here are the specs:
Grooves:7
Twist: Left
Total length: 35¼"
Total weight: 4.4 Lbs
Price $455

I was going to start an online store to sell loading stands and pistol display stands, so I could buy that toy.
I saw a caution about it, and it dawned on me that like any other cap and ball revolver- you don't want your hands in front of the cylinder when you're firing it.
There is a remote possibility that there could be a chain fire, and you don't want a hand in the line of any of the chambers.

I just have a hard time imagining holding and steadying a rifle at the trigger guard.
Oh, and the almost $500 price makes it even less tempting.


I did come up with a new (different) template for this blog, so all wasn't lost. I'll be showing off my new dress soon.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want my hand and arm in front of any cylinder type weapon. There is this thing called shaving lead that might bring the blood. I had a HR .22 nine shot target revolver many years ago that taught me that valuable lesson

    ReplyDelete