Sunday, April 09, 2006

Ok, I was wrong yesterday


Criptkeeper got home a little after 10AM instead of the 9 she said. She had gotten into an argument with her friends mom (or her friend- kinda confusing here sometimes).
She got sorted out, Karen hadda go into San Antonio for replacement applique flowers that were falling off the dress.

We were out the door at about 11 heading to La Coste and the range to sight in the 30.06. I know the scope is off big-time because the front sight is about 3/16" to the right of the vertical hair.
We got there and all the shooting tables were taken, with people standing in line. I guess they were practicing for the upcoming silhouette competition.

We headed back to Hondo Creek and a couple hours of doing our part to destroy the Ozone layer. Karen is feeling more comfortable with her pistol, and is trying different styles, she thinks it's more comfortable to use one hand. It may be more comfortable with one hand, but she's a better shot with two hands (low to the right, but a better grouping).

The muzzleloader does grow on you, the more familiar I get, the better I like it. If you're not using the same amount of Pyrodex (blackpowder substitute) the recoil is much different. I was finetuning the sights, and at 25' am now getting groupings that I can cover with my (slightly spread) hand. I'm looking at a black powder revolver so I can get off more than 10 shots in half an hour. That birthday present will have to wait until we find out how much we owe for Danica's ride to the emergency room.

Anyway, Karen forgot that we had to pick up the corsage both times we went through Castroville, so we had to roll things up to go BACK again (about 15 miles each way) before they closed. Criptkeeper got to her prom, and we tried a new (different) restaurant in D'hanis.
Bill and Rosas' is a typical west Texas eatery. Homestyle cooking with HUGE servings at reasonable prices. I had a Chicken Fried Steak(16 oz.) that was literally as big as some of the dinner plates we have at the house, with Mashed taters and white pepper gravy for $14.99.
Danica had the Chicken Snitzel ($8.99 for half a serving) and Karen had the Mesquite grilled 10oz. Ribeye for $11.99. This is definitely a place to eat if you're hungry and about 30 mi. west of San Antonio.

The Criptkeeper is supposed to be babysitting at the farm at 9:30- IF she can get up. Man, I feel sorry for the kid. I wouldn't be suprized if it's her last day babysitting. We'll try to Sneak in to the range and squat a firing lane when we drop her off.

No comments:

Post a Comment