Sunday, March 26, 2006

We went shopping this morning

We dropped the 15 yr old (codename Danica) off at her babysitting job, and headed to San Antonio.

We wanted to look at birthday presents for me!
We hit Academy, and they quit selling black powder for lack of sales, the only thing we bought at Wally-world was meat.
Finally we hit Sportsman's Warehouse to get a feel for the old (repro) guns. I was suprised at how comfortable they were -and steady. I know that it's because of the barrel mass, and I wouldn't want to carry it very far by hand. The ones we looked at were all well balanced and had a light, smooth trigger.

We looked at the black powder revolvers, and found that they were lighter than expected, too. Since I'm just starting out, we decided to go with this instead.



I found the Kentucky pistol light, but didn't like the handle. I'm an old carpenter and don't like to have to hold tightly to a handle, wether it's a framing hammer or a rounded pistol grip.

That's about all that's going on at Casa Trainwreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment