Sunday, March 12, 2006

The old Mazda will never be the same again

The 15 yr-old (codename Danica) is learning to drive. She's not bad with moms '04 Montero, but she's not going to be driving that anytime soon. We took the disposable truck to an isolated calichi road and let her practice using both feet to get the truck moving (it's a 5 speed standard). She's getting ok on level starts, and is getting better at shifting. We still need to work on the thing going straight when shifting thing, though.
Things were going fine untill she stalled out on an upward incline.

She,,,,um,,, needs practice on starting uphill.

Really.

Alot of practice.

The dogs wanted no part of the ride after that. We went to change positions for the drive back, and the dogs decided that they'd really rather walk home, too.

As far as the work update, I'm about 15 min from work, but doing 10+ hour days. I'm gone about the same amount of time, just shifted an hour later. I get in, and don't really feel like posting. Blogtharthy, I guess?

I'm still waiting on the NRA to send me my card so we can go to the local range and legally shoot loud weapons, but we can always head to the dry creekbed and practice with Karen's birthday present (don't look hunny). I wonder if it's still legal to do that?

That's the wrap-up of the week that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment