Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Just curious about blogrolls

If any one (exept my 3 main viewers) has me on their blogroll, and I don't have you on mine- please let me know.
I'll be glad to add you.


I went to a new blog the other night, he was aking for some help- I posted with my _nospam_ addition to my mail- and it didn't go through.

Anyway, I thought I'd kinda talk him through adding Blogrolling to his Blogger blog- if he's reading this.


Step 1- Get an account at Blogrolling, or another blogroll- I use Blogrolling because what I put out isn't worth paying for IMHO.

Step 2- Copy and save the template from the "autoload" (or whatever they call it).

Step 3- The easiest way to get to your template in Blogger is to go to your "create new post" page and open the "template" tab.

Step 4- Scroll down the hypertext untill you come to the sidebar section- it'll look something like this:


< !-- Begin #sidebar -- >
< id="sidebar">



< !-- Begin #profile-container -- >

< $BlogMemberProfile$ >

< !-- End #profile -- >

<>
< language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://rpc.blogrolling.com/display.php?r=89f01cc6f8c7662720645c1bc958cdab">
< href="javascript:void(rollpop=window.open('http://www.blogrolling.com/add_links_pop.phtml?u=http://atrainwreckinmaxwell.blogspot.com/&t=A Trainwreck in Maxwell','rollit','scrollbars=no,width=475,height=350,left=75,top=175,status=yes,resizable=yes'));rollpop.focus();">Blogroll Me! *NOTE* This is my blorolling script- yours will look alot like it.


< /ul >

<>

< /mainorarchivepage>
Reference


<>

<>Drudge

<>Washington Times

<>Fox News

<>Snopes Urban legends

This is from my blog, so you'll have to experiment where to paste it.

Step 5- On the bottom is a blue button"Preview" to see how the blog looks with the change. If you like it, hit "Save Template Changes"

step 6- Be sure to republish your blog, or you won't see the changes.


Hope this helped someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment