Sunday, July 31, 2005

I posted about an A.C.O.R.N. job ad yesterday


Today I decided to see just what kind of community activist they wanted to hire.
I went to their website and found that their concerns include:

National ACORN Campaigns:
> Predatory Lending
> Living Wage
> Better Schools
> Health Care
> Social Security Protection
> Affordable Housing
> Community Reinvestment
> Utilities
> Fair Tax Fees
> Other Campaigns


Sure, unless you're a completely uncaring and greedy person everyone should want that for the community. The problem is that this urban group doesn't want that community to help itself, it wants the government to do it.

I just glanced at some of their causes, and it comes right out of the Dem. playbook. Amuse me by letting me give my take on their causes, please.
  • Predatory Lending: Loan sharks always have been illegal- do they want a Gov't handout to repay them?
  • Living Wage- McDonald's starts kids off at $6+/hr. Kids- you shouldn't be working at a "dead end" job when you're in your 30's. Get some training, look for a different kind of work.
  • Better Schools- Talk to the Dems(and unions) who've been lowering standards for the last 40 years- AND installing "situational ethics" instead of right and wrong.
  • Health Care- Two points: John Edwards and mandated illegal healthcare.
  • Social Security Protection- At least the Republicans are TRYING something ( I wish they'd let me invest ALL of mine).
  • Affordable Housing- Well, the price on everything is going up, except in the "inner city"; but then that crime problem goes back to no guiding morals, doesn't it?
  • Community Reinvestment- If it were worth the cost, the greedy capitalists would put money into it.
  • Utilities- Ummmm, , , See "Affordable Housing".
  • Fair Tax Fees- Income Tax? The only people who REALLY pay income tax are the evil rich, most pay a very low rate (remember the tax rebate in April?) As for property tax, see "Utilities" above.


I'm sorry, I can't feel the "compassion" that I should for these "poor" people. The same "poor" that have A/C, cable TV, two TV's on average, at least one decent car, the kids in school getting fat on Gov't food, Food Stamps, AFDC, SSI, and whatever else they can suck from the DC teat.

Getting a good education and working your way up isn't a "white" thing- it's an AMERICAN thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment