Saturday, June 25, 2005

Ok, I've been tagged with the "Five things society at large enjoys, but that I just don't get..." meme

Thanks to Ms Jenni.



1. Rap
Why would anyone in their right mind- especially women- willingly subject themselves to that vile, dehumanizing, violent, sexist crap? I'm a "child of the 70's" and we were into sex, drugs and rock-and-roll, just like our misic; does that mean that the kids today are into drug dealing, prostitution and killing cops? Another thing in relation- why are the PARENTS not doing anything? (I don't allow the filth in my house) And some actually try to be cool and act like they like the cr@p.
2. Cell phones
I don't like to talk on the phone anyway. I just can't understand the need to yell into a little piece of plastic just to pass the time. As far as driving while talking, I just watched Mythbusters comparing drunk driving (.08%) to talking on a cell phone. They flunked a closed road test both times- but failed by a MUCH WORSE margin while driving while talking. As far as the hands-free thing, they are still cr@ppy drivers not paying attention. I'd rather see a hand next to their ear, so I can get a heads-up and avoid the morons.
3. The Pro-sports thing
Ok, I like an ocassional football game. I used to be interested in baseball- untill those union players threw the world series because they weren't getting enough money to play a game.
We have a basketball team here that just won a championship. OK, it's a good thing for the city, what's in it for the poor schmuck who pays out the @ss for tickets in the nosebleed section?
4. Popular news stories.
Ok, is it me or why doesn't everyone just turn the TV or radio off when the same tired, redundant story comes on for the umteenth thousand time about-Michael Jackson, Laci Peterson, O.J. Simpson, Natalee Holloway, some basketball team. a bunch of ill lead M.P.s, and not the least of hyper news this execess.
5. Keeping up with the Jones'
This is a general grab-all of what I never got involed in-deeply. The HUGE, expensive SUV buyer who has no idea where their tires are, and think they bought the road when they saw the sticker price ( note, these usually have a cell phone in their ear, too).
The piercing and tatting of kids whith no adult saying "Do you have any idea what that's going to look like in 30 years?"- the ADULTS that do it (I usually make a point to show the girls)- I ALWAYS want to see a kid with a nose stud preparing MY food- just stokes my appitite because I KNOW how well the "Hand washing rule" works.
Putting your next 5 years wages in someone elses pocket for some useless glittery goodie- because "everyone else has it". The 40 yearolds who insists on wearing his gimmi-cap backwards (let me clue you in here Goober- you LOOK like a 40 something trying to look cool- you DON"T look cool; does the trem "dork" mean anything to you?).

No comments:

Post a Comment