Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Everything old is new again

As I mentioned at the "old" template, I had this HUGE blank spot next to any writing in my sidebar. I saw the same thing on both computers that I look at the blog with, so assumed that y'all saw the same thing. I asked Blogger for help, but all I got was an automated response. Ok, it's a free site and you get what you pay for.

As I mentioned at the blogfest, I'm almost smack-dab in the middle between Hondo and Castroville, Tx(about 9 mi. either way); being that far out I can only get a 26.4K connection. I decided to download the EV1 "webjet" accelerator, it worked ummmm, not bad for a while before tossing a wrench into Firefox's gears. I couldn't connect, I tried restoring, I uninstalled "webjet",I uninstalled "Firefox and reinstalled it- no help. I couldn't get a restore point past where I'd installed "webjet". It was even affecting IE.

I decided to try the "soft" hard drive reboot. The one where you restart and hit F10 until the restore page comes up and gives you a choice. I chose the one where it would give me back the factory settings, AND keep all installed programs. It restored to factory settings and I've got partial programs.

I did get another FREE 3 months of Norton, but I'd rather have my old bookmarks(the ones I forgot to record) and passwords back(I have them, just have to look them up at each site).

Anyway, Blogger was still screwed-up and no answers forthcoming, so I decided to see if it would make any difference if I changed templates.

This one isn't bad, but if anyone could tell me what to change to give me a wider column I'd appreciate it.

I hope you like the new digs. AND spellcheck is working again, as I now look like I can spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment